04/09/2008

Buenos Aires querido


First week in Buenos Aires has passed without noticing. Well, I did notice when I got my first Bife de Lomo, though. It brought tears in my eyes. I think there is no point in eating meat outside Baires, so I have decided to become Out-of-Baires-vegeterian.
A lot have changed in two years. New places dominate, energy is different and most importantly, there is even more good dancers than before. Young, crazy, experimenting, but also educated dancers. New schools with great repertory of teachers.
But one thing doesn't change. Music. Well, new electro songs appear, but in practicas the most challenging dance music dominate: Biagi, D'Arienzo, Pugliese. And music in milongas is the same. How deeply satisfying it is when a tanda is Just Right. Perfect combination of certain style of music.
And there are new orquestas. El Afronte impressed me more than any new orquesta lately. Hope we get them to Europe as soon as possible.

No comments: